Sunday 21 July 2013

Six fine bone china tea-cups

Another fun one. Choose the victims carefully; there's no fun in putting somebody's nose out of joint for the rest of the fire.

You: I am the owner of a marvellous shop, and I can sell you anything you desire. Yes, I have everything in stock in my marvellous shop. Come, let us put that to the test - I think I hear someone at the door. Yes, madam, what can I do for you?

Your partner: I would like a set of six, fine bone china tea-cups, please.

You: Ah. Now, I just sold the last set, but I can have them delivered in no time.

Partner: I will be back in just a minute.

You: Now, while we wait, I must show you some of the other things I have in stock. Toasters. I have toasters, let me show you...

(pick two members of the campfire; get them to kneel on the ground and go 'ker-chunk' and throw their hands in the air to be the toaster toasting toast. Leave them there as you carry on...)

Your partner, reappearing: Hello again, sir. Do you have my set of six, fine bone china tea-cups, please?

You: Ah. I'm sorry, they still haven't arrived, please will you wait just a little longer?

Partner: I will be back in just a minute.

(This time, get two members of the campfire to be a washing machine. Get them to show you the spin cycle... check that the toasters are still working...)

Your partner, reappearing: Hello again, sir. Do you have my set of six, fine bone china tea-cups, please?

You: Ah. I'm so, so, sorry, they still haven't arrived, but they really won't be very long now.

Partner: I will be back in just a minute.

(This time, the two you pick could be microwave ovens (arms going round as a turntable, then ping). Keep the toasters and washing machines going...)

Your partner, reappearing: Hello again, sir. Do you have my set of six, fine bone china tea-cups, please?

You: Ah. I'm so, so, sorry, they still haven't arrived. But ...

(with a sweeping gesture towards the six people knelt on the floor pretending to be toasters, washers and microwaves...)

... maybe I can suggest a substitution? I do have this lovely set of six mugs...


Don't forget to thank your 'mugs' as you let them go back to their places round the fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment