Monday 8 July 2013

Welcome to the 'Campfire Circle'

I am a cub scout leader, and have been for over 15 years now. Somehow, despite not having the best voice, I have ended up being the one who runs our camp fires. I have collected quite a few songs over the years, and this blog is intended to share some of them. I will also look for some good sketches, skits and similar - some are best run by the campfire leader, others by the scouts, explorers or another leader.

When I am putting together a program for a camp fire, I try to include a mix of action songs, response songs, yells, sing-alongs and the old traditional scouting songs. For cubs, I will aim to run the camp fire for about 30-40 minutes; around eight songs, a sketch and a couple of yells. I personally always end the camp fire with Kum By Ah, with a prayer spoken over a hummed verse, but that’s just my own preference.

 If you are interested in helping to build this resource, get in touch with me and we can chat about it.

Where I can find copyright, I will get permission, but I believe most of these are either out of copyright or never had it asserted in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment